The Office of the Provost, in collaboration with the Office of Campus Planning, is piloting a new program to share meeting spaces across campus during the fall of 2022 and through May 2023. IS&T has partnered with Zoom’s Professional Services Organization to equip these spaces with Zoom Rooms solutions offering a consistent experience across diverse locations. A group of Schools and departments have made rooms available to the entire community for the duration of the pilot.
These spaces are available to MIT staff, students, and faculty through reservations made via the Spaces feature within the MIT Atlas mobile application. Learn more about Zoom Rooms supported by IS&T.
- Spaces included in the pilot offer a mix of meeting room locations and capacities. A variety of room types are available, including small and large conference rooms as well as a classroom.
- Each space is equipped with self-service virtual collaboration technology, providing a consistent Zoom Rooms experience.
Reserve a Community Zoom Room
Rooms can be reserved using one of the following methods:
- Using the Atlas mobile application, tap the Spaces feature and follow the prompts to select and reserve a meeting room. Reserving a space through the Atlas app automatically provides access to the building and room and schedules a Zoom meeting for the requestor to share.
- Visit one of the rooms [link to map/list] and use the tablet console outside of the room to check availability and to reserve the room on the fly.
- For questions about reserving a Community Zoom Room or using the Spaces feature in the MIT Atlas app, contact the IS&T Service Desk 24/7 via phone at 617-253-1101 or email.
- For questions or problems with the hardware in a Community Zoom Room, contact Zoom support at 617-795-3436.
Share your experience with the pilot team
During the pilot, the pilot team is eager to hear from members of the community regarding your experience reserving, accessing, and using these shared meeting spaces. Let us know how you used the space, and please share any comments you have regarding the reservation tools, amenities in the room, and ease of locating and accessing the rooms. All comments about the current pilot or ideas for the future use of shared meeting spaces are welcomed.
- Provide feedback on this pilot.
- Learn about the work of the P-CRSP Working Committee to create this pilot.
Room locations and capacities
||Office of the Provost|
||Department of Architecture|
||Department of Urban Studies & Planning|
||Student Financial Services|
||Mechanical Engineering, Aero/Astro|
||Comparative Media Studies|
|E38-572||Conference Room||Small||10||Innovation HQ|
||Campus Services and Stewardship|